Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blogworthy

  • My fantastic friend Leah has opened her very own high-end kitchen store in the Eastern Market neighborhood of D.C. I don't know anyone better equipped to start a small business, particularly in that 'hood. With her enthusiasm and desire to know everything about quality kitchen gadgets, Hill's Kitchen is sure to succeed. Read this blurb about the store in the Washington Post. Go Leah!
  • While it wasn't quite the same as seeing Throwing Muses in concert, watching The Breeders on stage at First Ave. May 30 was an amazing experience. Kim and Kelley seem to have gotten over any "issues" between them (most likely because they were brought on by alcohol- and drug-related behavior, and that, thankfully, seems to be over) and had a great on-stage rapport. The band sounded amazing -- crystal clear vocals and guitars. I couldn't have asked for a better show. (And to that dude who said it was the most boring concert he's seen in a long time -- get over yourself. You just don't get it.)
  • Martha Wainwright's new album is a blistering disappointment for me. Can someone help me understand it? I like a few songs, but overall it's way too commercial and lacks her usual intensity and unique voice. What happened?
  • The Zombies are coming! The Zombies are coming!

1 comment:

boarder girl said...

SO excited to hear about the new kitchen wares shop in Capitol Hill!! I am definitely stopping in with my roommates and telling Leah that I know you. =) Congrats to her on opening her own store at 27, that's amazing.