- Sure, it's the NOW Conference and all, but I'm in full support of honoring Ani DiFranco with a "Woman of Courage" award. Along with my Mom, Ani's probably responsible for my earliest feminist tingles.
- Either of the two Throwing Muses shows in August -- in Boston on the 11th and New York on the 12th. 50 Foot Wave is opening, so you know what that means: a double dose of Kristin Hersh. My wandering spirit's especially excited about that prospect.
- The Bastille Day Celebration in Paris. I've always wanted to attend, and what better occasion than the 217th anniversary.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
I hate computers.
- And I hate that Sleater-Kinney has posted this message on their website.
- But at least the web is home to this list of problems solved by MacGyver and this article by Barbara Ehrenreich.
- And Herman's Hermits are coming to A Taste of Minnesota and Peter Noone has the bluest eyes.
- And the Red Sox have won 11 in a row and are 3.5 games ahead of the Yankees.
- But then again I was just asked for $4 by two women from Dallas trying to get to St. Paul and I didn't give it to them because they seemed drunk and the bus fare is only $3 and why didn't they know that and plus they took a really long time getting around to asking for the $4. All I could muster was a smile and a "Have a nice night."