Thursday, February 28, 2008

Top 12 Albums of the Year That Ended 2 Months Ago

It's taken me so long to post my Top 12 Albums of 2007 because I was looking at it as a mountainous chore; something I had to do well and in detail. Well, I've decided that's bull and that I just want my list out there. So, here are the albums. No frills, no fuss. (Also no links and no pictures. Suck it up.)

1. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
2. Emma Pollock - Watch the Fireworks
3. Eric Clapton - Complete Clapton
4. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
5. The Guess Who - Let's Go
6. Kristin Hersh - Learn to Sing Like a Star
7. Herbie Hancock - River: the joni letters
8. Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars
9. Detroit Cobras - Tied & True
10. Macy Gray - Big
11. Jon Rauhouse - Steel Guitar Heart Attack
12. Imperial Teen - the hair the tv the baby & the band

Honorable Mentions: Rufus Wainwright - Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall; Laura Veirs - Saltbreakers

Albums that May Have Made the List Had I Heard Them: Radiohead - In Rainbows; Kamikaze Hearts - Oneida Road; The National - Boxer

Most Disappointing: The Go! Team - Proof of Youth

Most Overrated: The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America (except for the song w/ Elizabeth Elmore)

No comments: