Tuesday, April 26, 2005

"You Mean Christians Are Maintaining Our Monopoly?"

A rather sizeable technology firm located in Washington state has apparently forgotten the numerous times it was awarded for its respect of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender rights -- in the workplace and in the community.

Said company has revoked its support of a LGBT rights bill in Washington due to threats of an evangelical Christian boycott of its products. HRC has already crafted a response taking them to task, though the letter to the CEO gets rather mushy at the end.

They just need to get called out for being the greedy, hypocritical, right-wing fearing cowards that they are.

2 comments:

AD Miller said...

I came upon your blog by chance and was surprised to heare about the microsoft issue. I've been out of the loop, it seems. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to write a letter to the company expressing my disgust/dissapointment

Sarah D. said...

Nice to hear. I hope they change their minds, but the anti-LGBT current may be too strong in the U.S. right now, and the threat of losing $$ may be too much of a factor.