Monday, April 11, 2005

Ordinances and Obituaries

Andrea Dworkin, feminist and censor extraordinaire, died April 9th. So why can I only locate one obituary in the news [the Guardian's]?

Her official website has a memorial all set up, but -- as far as I can tell -- the U.S. media has been silent. Nothing in the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, CNN...you get the picture.

I'm getting the distinct impression that either the media is abandoning her now that she has no more controversial quotes to offer, or they're waiting to get the results of her autopsy. I like mysteries; her cause of death seems to be one. I guess we'll have to wait until the news media decides to report on her to find out what happened.

[Update: This morning the Post and the Times had obituaries. Perhaps I was being too impatient last night?]

2 comments:

Mark D. said...

From what I understand back in catechism, there is no sex in heaven: so Andrea will be the happiest cherub of them all!

Anonymous said...

the media is cheap like that