Monday, July 19, 2004

Searching for The Fallopian Tubes

During my mass purchasing of used cds this past weekend, I ran across a $1.99 disc for the all-female band The Fallopian Tubes titled Because Rock and Roll Isn't Pretty.  Having never heard of them (the band, that is, not the tubes), I thought I'd give it a shot.  I was thoroughly impressed and amused by their unique sound and wacky, hilarious lyrics.  In attempting to find more information on the band, I ran across remnants of their existence, but no current info:
 
They once had an official band website.  Yes they did.  You can go to their former web address here.  As you can see, now there are just ads for tubal reversals and "Fallopian Tubes Products."  My curiosity piqued, I clicked on the "Products" link and was treated to the e-bay auction for the classic treatise The Fallopian Tube: A Reappraisal by Carl J. Pauerstein, which is now apparently extremely out of print.  I wonder what the initial "appraisal" concluded...
 
The band's apparently still around, though, as a recent article mentions their performance at Girls Rock! Day in St. Petersburg in April 2004.  Anyway, my search for info on the band was extremely brief, so if anyone unearths more about them than their Floridian affiliation, I'd be interested in hearing it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I have no idea how to use this site but I am a member of the Fallopian Tubes. We are alive and well! Internal issues caused us to abandon our website but have no fear - we are still playing and rockin! Our home base is St. Petersburg,FL, and our band is over 25 years old now. You can contact us @ lweigand@bringemusic.com and I can give you more info! Thanks for liking us!

Lynn W.